Monday, November 14, 2005

Bungle in the Jungle

A Miracle
Well, project 2 is coming along. I feel like I dove into the melee blindfolded and came up, hours later, with more success than I imagined. I knew where to look for html, css, and color info (w3schools, visibone, handouts & printouts, my class notes). Most of what I coded (most line html, the table format) came up as predicted, although much formatting in the css header code did not. (Some text did; colors did not.) All in all, the layout took shape, and the text was clean and readable.

Miracles to Come
Still have to work out: How to get color backgrounds to come up. How to get rid of underlining in links. How to get all css formatting to show up. How to make the header area lay out properly (and text to format as desired). Upload to see if photos are sized right. Search box: how to create one? A few other minor things. It sounds like a lot, but really, things look pretty good. I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief. Similar to taking a Calculus test in college and finding out I didn't flunk it...

Improvements to Be Had
With job and freelance work, I've been pressed for time this semester, but it's nothing unusual. (I've learned that it's almost impossible to send yourself through graduate school while your kids are going to college.) I'm storing the resources available through this course, especially those I never had a chance to explore, for future reference. (Elizabeth's "useful links" section is replete with such resources.) This class is amazing in what it has taught those of us unfamiliar with creating websites. Even if we haven't done everything we could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home