Monday, November 07, 2005

Manic-Depressive Class

Weekend: A Life of Its Own
For me, this class has its extreme highs and lows. Some lows came this weekend. I got a slow start and a lot less done than I had planned (see Reunion blog). Then, a complete brain meltdown on Sunday when trying to code Project 2 with table & CSS html. I don't even have it to the point where some of it's working and I have questions. And, there's all that content to prepare for subpages 1-4, plus links! Ack! Good thing the hangover's finally gone...

The Upside
Meeting defeat on the project 2 front, I thought I'd review the literary mags. Good God! The sites were (mostly) so beautiful and the works (mostly) so inviting. What inspiration! What a venue for writers! Maybe I'll submit some of my own pieces. At last, I've found a venue (several, even?) for all the things rattling around in my head. Now I just have to get more of them down "on paper." But, my blogs are helping. I'm writing more regularly than I ever have before. What I need to do is to fix my own writing deadlines. I can do that!

Reality
OK. First I have to get through this class. And that means tables and style sheets and html. Maybe I'll simplify my design some, to make it more manageable for someone of my limited webdesign capabilities. But, I can design. I just can't code. No matter—code, and get through the class!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home