Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Website at Last...Kind Of

The Best-laid Plans...
Well, I've coded everything and been successful in getting it to run on Internet Explorer. The site isn't too pretty yet, but it worked. Then, of course, because I'm working on a Mac, I couldn't upload the files to the FTP site (when I dropped them into the "folder" (which did NOT look like a regular folder), the files just opened up. They didn't show up as files and didn't appear to be saved. Same with the graphics. Soooo...I loaded everything onto the thumbdrive and went nextdoor (on my desk, that is) to my laptop. Success! Kind of. In bringing the simpletext files over to the PC, I lost a lot of coding when they opened in notepad. Links didn't work, and I lost some formatting (note the different fonts). The graphics won't load. But, it's there. Any suggestions for crossing platforms or uploading from Macs would be gratefully appreciated!
See for yourself...

1 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Check out my blog "File Trasfer Software for MACs" this should help you out with uploading your site. Good luck!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home